This Certificate is to encourage the dog owner to progress from the basic course, giving purpose to the continued training.
A. BASIC PRACTICAL CONTROL
1; 2; 3; 4; These exercises are the same as the Bronze Certificate.
5. Recall and Control from free play situation plus distractions.
6. Controlled walking off lead with handler, plus changes of pace, plus approach by examiner to pet dog whilst dog is in the sit (on lead).
7. Change of Position (off lead) – Sit, Down, Sit, Down.
9. Recall to Heel.
10. Hide and Seek
Explanation of Exercises
Controlled Walking – Off Lead ‘At final halt the dog to Sit on command and the lead to be attached.
The Examiner approaches the handler and dog and quietly pets the dog.
- The dog having obtained a Bronze certificate, the Examiner may choose one or more exercises from 1, 2, 3, 4 for re-test.
B. EXAMINATION & GROOMING
1. Coat and Skin.
2. Head, Eyes, Nose, Ears, Mouth & Teeth.
3. Feet & Nails, Front and Rear pads, Fur/Skin between pads.
4. Rear End – Under Tail Area.
5. Tummy Area.