This Certificate is to encourage the Pet Dog Owner who is just starting to train their dog.
A. BASIC CONTROL
- Getting dog out of and into car.
- Going through a doorway.
- Control while meeting people, friendly stranger.
- Reaction to another dog.
- Controlled walking on lead.
- Recall & Control from free play situation.
- Change of Position – from Sit to Down.
B. EXAMINATION & GROOMING
1. Coat and Skin
2. Head, Eyes, Nose & Ears.
3. Feet & Nails, Front & Rear.
4. Rear End – Under Tail Area.
C. THE LAW AND GOOD DOG OWNERSHIP
This section will be the same for each of the three Certificates.
This section is to make sure that owners are aware of various aspects that affect all dog owners.
- National Laws and Local By laws
- The Country Code.
- General Dog Owners Code of Ethics.
Each Certificate the Examiner will ask questions on Dog Ownership.